Monday, April 06, 2020
Corona Virus - Australian Support Services
The Coronavirus Health Information Line provides general information relating to coronavirus to the community. The line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week on 1800 020 080.
If you suspect you have Coronavirus call the dedicated hotline on 1800 675 398. This line operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Link to Department of Health and Human Services website. This site has in-depth information and advice, including information about symptoms, travel and what to do to reduce the risk of infection: https://www.dhhs.vic.gov.au/victorian-public-coronavirus-disease-covid-19
Link to the Australian Government Department of Health website. This site has information on Coronavirus including, symptoms, seeking medical attention and self-isolation.
Community Support Coles and Woolworths: have a dedicated ‘community hour’ from 7am to 8am in all its supermarkets to improve access to essential groceries for the elderly and disadvantaged. Access will be exclusively for elderly customers and others in need of assistance. To enter the store, customers need to present a government-issued identification card, including:
• Pensioner Concession Card
• Companion Card
• Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
• Health Care Card
• Seniors Card
• Disability Card Store managers will use sensible discretion and compassion to ensure vulnerable customers who require access are able to complete their shopping during Community Hour, including those from smaller aged care facilities and women’s domestic violence groups.
Woolworths: is offering eligible customers, including seniors, people with a disability and those with compromised immunity or who are required to self-isolate, to register for priority access for home delivery with dedicated delivery windows at: www.woolworths.com.au/shop/discover/priorityassistance?icmpid=sm:online-shopping:priority- assistance. These customers can also call 1800 000 610 to seek assistance.
Coles: is offering eligible customers a Coles Online Priority Service. This service will be launching soon for customers who are unable to easily access a Coles Supermarket. This service will allow these customers to purchase their essential items online and have them delivered to their home. Limits on products will still apply. Delivery windows will be open between 9am and 7pm, with deliveries delivered to customers doorsteps. Unattended delivery is also available.
Australian Government Services
A full outlines of services available is located at:
• People who don’t currently get a payment from the Australian government – information on Coronavirus – you may be able to get a payment if you, or your family are affected by Coronavirus and you are unable to work, are in isolation or hospitalised or are caring for children. To get a payment you will need to meet all of the eligibility criteria.
• Families - Find information about your family payments and child support if you’re affected by coronavirus at https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/affected- coronavirus-covid-19/families-coronavirus-covid-19
• Job Seekers - Find out about your mutual obligations if you’re a job seeker affected by coronavirus https://www.servicesaustralia.gov.au/individuals/subjects/affected- coronavirus-covid-19/job-seekers-coronavirus-covid-19
• Older Australians - there are no changes to existing payments due to Coronavirus
• People with a disability - there are no changes to existing payments due to Coronavirus
• Students and Trainees - there are no changes to existing payments due to Coronavirus
• Carers – if you’re not affected by Coronavirus your payment won’t change
For advice and support for businesses, please call the Business Victoria dedicated hotline on 13 22 15.
Additional information for businesses can be found at:
The Victorian Government has announced $500 million to establish a Business Support Fund to assist small to medium businesses most impacted by the COVID-19 outbreak.
To register your interest, visit: https://fs2.formsite.com/diirdwebteam3/u3qeftcfcc/index.html
Small and medium-sized businesses with annual payrolls of less than $3 million are entitled to a refund of all the payroll tax they have paid for the first three-quarters of the current financial year and will get a waiver on their bills from the State Revenue Office for the June quarter.
Small Business Victoria provides low cost mentoring services to help you work through, or develop a recovery plan, you can booked an appointment with a mentor here: https://www.business.vic.gov.au/support-for-your-business/grants-and-assistance/small-business- mentoring-program
The Australian Government has announced measures to support businesses impacted by the coronavirus (COVID-19). If you're a sole trader or you employ people, learn what your business can get and where to go for help. To get more information on what support is available if you are a sole trader or employ people at:
Business Economic Stimulus Package
Small and medium business entities with aggregated annual turnover under $50 million and that employ workers will be eligible. Eligibility will generally be based on prior year turnover.
• The payment will be delivered by the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) as a credit in the activity statement system from 28 April 2020 upon businesses lodging eligible upcoming activity statements.
• Eligible businesses that withhold tax to the ATO on their employees’ salary and wages will receive a payment equal to 50 per cent of the amount withheld, up to a maximum payment of $25,000.
• Eligible businesses that pay salary and wages will receive a minimum payment of $2,000, even if they are not required to withhold tax. This measure will benefit around 690,000 businesses employing around 7.8 million people.
For further information see the Factsheet at:
Counselling and Mental Health Support
Mindspot - free telephone and online service for people with stress, worry, anxiety, low mood or depression. It provides online assessment and treatment for anxiety and depression and can help you find local services. Call 1800 61 44 34 (8am - 8pm, Monday - Friday; 8am-6pm, Saturday).
Youth focused mental health and support services
Coronavirus information for hotels and hotel staff Information for hotel management and staff about Coronavirus: https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-information-for-hotels- and-hotel-staff
BOOK DAVE NOW! Dave Edgren is passionate about creating a values-based storytelling culture. In his engaging and often hilarious way,...
Free eBook Introduction Sabbath School was the backbone of the early Adventist church. As a people of the Book at study , we matur...
I don’t believe God sends calamities. God didn’t send the Corona Virus. What I do believe is: The Holy Spirit is busy insulating clo...